The CDC now recommends a booster dose (3rd dose) for fully vaccinated individuals who have already received both initial doses (2 doses) of the Pfizer COVID19 vaccine at least 6 months ago.
Health and eligibility requirements include:
- 65 years and older
- 18+ who have underlying medical conditions
- 18+ who work in high-risk settings (healthcare workers)
- 18+ who live in high-risk settings
The CDC still recommends a 3rd dose of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine for moderately to severely immunocompromised individuals. For eligible immunocompromised people, the CDC recommends individuals receive the same vaccine as previous doses.
Johnson & Johnson vaccination recipients are not eligible for an additional dose at this time.
According to the CDC, individuals considered immunocompromised have:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and/or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years, or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids, or other drugs, that may suppress your immune response
For a list of immunosuppressing medications, click HERE.
HMC will be providing booster doses by appointment only.
Call 316.283.6103 to schedule your booster vaccine.
Bring your original COVID-19 vaccination card/vaccine record and proof of insurance (if applicable) with you to your appointment.
For more updates on COVID-19 click HERE