We know there are many questions related to the possible impact of COVID-19 in our community. This is understandable. We want you to know that Health Ministries Clinic continues to be in active communication with the various health care partners in our community (e.g., Newton Medical Center, Harvey County Health Department, etc.) so our efforts can be as coordinated as possible. Here are some of the specific things HMC is doing with regards to COVID-19.
- When patients call in for an appointment we have implemented a screening process that helps us identify patients who may be at a higher risk for COVID-19. If a patient screens positive they are transferred to a nurse for further screening.
- We have developed a plan on how the clinic will handle patients that we suspect have COVID-19 that allows us to address their needs while also limiting exposure to anyone else at the clinic.
- In addition, we have initiated a screening process at our clinic entrance. Our intent is to make sure that we are providing the appropriate care to all of our patients and minimizing the risk of exposure.
- We have masks that are available for patients who require them.
- Our staff are undertaking additional cleaning and sanitizing practices throughout the clinic.
- We have removed books, magazines and toys from the waiting rooms to reduce the risk of exposure to germs and viruses.
Our staff is meeting regularly to ensure that our efforts and plans match the evolving nature of this issue. We look forward to continuing to meet the healthcare needs of these communities we serve.
For the most accurate and updated information on the Coronavirus in our local area, please visit the Harvey County Health Department here. You can also find more information and resources by visiting the Center For Disease Control (CDC) website here.
Health Ministries Clinic works to provide safe, quality care to all to patients. Part of this, is screening all patients and clinic visitors for Flu/COVID-19 symptoms upon entering the building.
Questions for the check-in screening are:
- “Have you experienced any of the following symptoms?”
•Fever over 100.4 within the last 24 hours
•Shortness of breath
If yes, your temperature will be taken.
- “Have you traveled within the last 14 days? If yes, where?”
- “Have you had any contact with persons who have tested positive for COVID-19?”
Health Ministries Clinic has protections in place to ensure patients are safe when entering the clinic and is practicing social distancing in order to protect you.
For Patients Worried About Having COVID-19
If you are experiencing fever, coughing or shortness of breath, call our office first at 316.283.6103 to speak with our team and determine the proper treatment plan. We will discuss the next steps with you.
If you develop emergency warning signs for coronavirus (COVID19) please go to the emergency room immediately. Emergency warning signs include:
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion or inability to wake from sleep
- Bluish lips or face